Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Giddy like a school girl!

So Spearhead dropped and I'm Loving It!

It's way easy to sound like a fanboy of course but come on, lots of new toys for my tanks (and 'Nids) and ways to turn my Orky vehicles into Frenzied Death Rockets is very cool!

First of all, for those who haven't seen the rules, Spearhead units can fire an additional weapon each turn as long as they are within 4" of each other and Monsterous creatures may fire after they run. This of course means my Leman Russ Battletanks, Demolishers etc can double fire their battlecannons and this makes me all gasmigety in my gashomgitey.

So my favorites of the new spearhead units so far:

Super Heavy Spearhead Love It! Allows you to deploy a Super Heavy Unit in a standard 40k game. Downside is that it takes one penetrating hit prior to the first turn but still. Baneblades whoo!

Crusher Spearhead Flaming Orky Missiles of Death! Tanks in this spearhead get a front armor of 15 for Ramming and knock down the opposing leadership as well. I just like getting a crap-ton of ork looted vehicles and charging them straight up the field into every piece of enemy armor they can possibly ram. That image strikes in a very amusing way.

Monsterous Spearhead Because what my Carnifexes need is Counterattack, Fleet, Furious Charge and Rage! It has always been a dream of mine that my Carnies were very fast and very, VERY pissed off.

So now I've got to get my 40k on tomorrow and put some treads on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment