Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Repair and Refit Launch Day

2010 is very quickly upon us and everyone has their resolutions. I've been dancing around mine for a while. See, I've been playing Warhammer 40,000 for over 15 years and I have NEVER had a completely painted army. It's easy to blame a lot of outside happenings, kids, work, time off etc. But it really comes down to just never taking the time to do it.


So I am.


My goal is to have all of my current 40k minis assembled, painted and based by the end of 2010.


The only drawback is that at current count I have 80+ Imperial Guard waiting for proper refitting, 120+ Orks and trukks yellin' for a lik a red paint, and 140+ Tyranids waiting to hatch. I literally have a mini a day to paint in order to meet my December 31st 2010 goal!


On the upside, there is a percentage of these minis that simply need some repair work. Arms, legs, weapons etc having come off that just need to be reattached but at the same time there are a lot of these guys still on sprues.


Along the way I'll be providing commentary on the history of my armies, how they fit into the grander scheme of the 40k universe and the process I'll be using to repair and refit them.


One last thing, I am by far NOT the bestest painter ever. Remember that when you look upon what I have wrought.

No comments:

Post a Comment